Causes and Symptoms
The most important cause of loss of hair is inadequate nutrition and others are stress such as worry, anxiety and sudden shock, long standing illness like typhoid, chronic cold, influenza and an unclean scalp.
- Vigorously rubbing the scalp after washing it with cold water is the most effective among the home remedies.
- Gooseberry oil (amla boiled in water) mixed with coconut oil is considered a valuable hair tonic.
- A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is believed to help hair growth.
- Mustard oil boiled with henna leaves is useful for healthy growth of hair.
- Massaging the scalp with coconut milk is also beneficial for loss of hair.
- Lime and pepper seeds ground together to get a fine paste has an irritant action which leads to an increased blood circulation to the affected area thus stimulating hair growth.
- The affected area should be rubbed with onion till it is red for patchy baldness.
- A fine paste of red gram should be applied on bald patches for beneficial results.
- Drinking green tea kills hair follicles thus reducing hair loss.
The healthy condition of hair depends on the intake of sufficient amount of essential nutrients. Proper cleaning of the hair and rubbing of the scalp with a towel prevents hair loss.